If you like what we do, let us know with a PayPal donation so we can do more!



Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Urgh, Argh, Seeds and Artichokes

Urgh.

Argh.

Headache.

Huge.

Too much work.

No fun.

Except playing with Aurora today (you too, Marci).

She was SO happy to see me that she walked me right down the street in her socks! Not until after we had played the blue pen game though. And you might wonder what that is?

Ah, that's simple. I put the blue pen between her toes and she takes it out and hands it back to me so that I can do it again.

Then there was her lunch. That was fun too. Marci is a great mom who feeds her baby the BEST food. Great bread from Trader Joe's, avocados and smoked turkey. What a feast.

Marci and I had a great salad with fresh chard and basil from her neighbor's garden, lots of other veggies and my famous seeds recipe! Those seeds (pumpkin, sesame, chia, flax and sunflower) are filled with protein and produce lots of energy.

Once, a dear friend of mine, asked me what kind of drug I was taking the first time he saw me cut loose with Impropera (my unique improvisational 'music of the moment'). I just looked at him as if to say, "Huh? You think I'd be doing drugs? No way!" Then I told him it was the seeds. I was flying high on the seeds. I'm not sure if he believed me, but he soon grew to realize that I was pretty much flying high like that most of the time.

Musta been all that salmon in Alaska. Or the fact that I finally have all the sunlight I need after years of darkness in the Great Land.

Tonight I cooked artichokes
and my original recipe for tuna/kidney bean/egg/pasta salad.
They are
for lunch tomorrow. I wonder if Aurora will like them?

What fun is there in life if you have no one to eat artichokes with?

Joy



No comments: