If you like what we do, let us know with a PayPal donation so we can do more!



Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Joybug ready to sing


Yes! It's working! I even changed some of the html on this blog to make sure that the colors begin to coordinate with the SingBabySingTM website.

Today I had the best day because I got to play with Aurora, my first Joybug baby! What an amazing little girl she is.

Marci, her marvelous mommy, is helping me build SingBabySingTM and today we published all the files we had already created. Marci is the best!

Well, except for Aurora, that is.

Aurora and her mommy have been playing the SingBabySingTM Interactive Calming Music CD and today when I was playing with Aurora (this was work?) I listened really really carefully to her, tuning into her baby pitches and sing-songy voice, which is super soft right now so it's not that easy to hear.

To my absolute surprise and delight, she paused for a moment and got this far-away look on her face, as though she was inwardly focused and had tuned out everything around her. Then she cooed? she hummed? she sang? ever-so-faintly, the first line from the song: "sing baby."

I got chills and must confess that I thought I might be imagining it. But then I listened even more carefully and just a few seconds later, I could hear her saying? singing? cooing? "we will sing......"

Granted, these words were not sharply or clearly articulated. The vowels seemed to flow into one another and the consonants were not super distinct, but I have very good ears (partially because I lived
many years in the isolated quiet of Alaska's wilderness) and I know that I heard her say/coo/sing these things.

However, someone else will have to hear her before anyone will believe me because it's so amazing.

I can hardly wait for tomorrow when I get to work with Marci, er, play with Aurora again.

Now for sleep...........ahhhhh.

Joy

No comments: